Fermented Classic Kimchi
- Kimchi is spicy, fermented cabbage and is the national sidedish of Korea. Our vegan version is made without the fish sauce that you'll find in typical Korean recipes. We spice our Kimchi "pleasantly warm" — less spicy than typical Korean kimchi but still plenty of heat and flavor.
- 16 oz. (454 G), 16 servings per package
- Live, raw & unpasteurized, lab verified to contain lactic acid bacteria.
- Contains no vinegar or sugar.
- Ingredients: Napa cabbage, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, spices, sea salt, filtered water.
Fermented Pickles (and their brine) contain approximately 13 billion CFUs (colony forming units) per serving at time of packaging, including Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus pentosus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides.
Fermented Kraut and Kimchi (and its brine) contain approximately 14 billion CFUs (colony forming units) per serving at time of packaging, including Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus brevis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides.
Brine Cured Olives (and their brine) contain 4 billion CFUs (colony forming units) per serving at time of packaging, including: Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus pentosus.
Ferments can safely be transported unrefrigerated because it takes several days for the live cultures to enliven and resume the process of fermentation. There is no danger of spoilage or harm to the live cultures during shipping.
A result of moderate temperature fluctuation in transit is that fermentation may resume inside your packages during the trip. The result will be CO2 gases that cause pouches to puff, which is normal and safe. Simply burp your package and refrigerator upon arrival. If a package leaks during transport as a result of this, simply rinse it off, refrigerate and enjoy.
We attempt to ship all packages so that items do not spend Sunday sitting in a shipment facility. That may mean a slight delay in the shipment of your product if you place your order later in the week and you live several shipping zones away from Florida (we will wait to ship your order on Monday.) Typical transit times is 2-days, regardless of where you live.
You can remove the soft contents which is compostable and the plastic envelope can be recycled.
Ice packages may be reused for picnics and sack lunches.
Our product’s flexible stand up pouches are a “less waste in the first place” packaging option, they’re reusable and reduce environmental impact of transportation due to their light weight.