For the Whole30 lovers out there, the Fast & Easy cookbook is legit - delicious recipes with few ingredients that you can prep and cook quickly.
We made the Southwest Chicken Noodle Bowl using cilantro and green onions from our garden, then threw on some OMP Turmeric & Cumin Kraut and wow - such a great topping for this dish. We also subbed a little of the broth for some of the kraut brine for a little extra flavor and gut goodness.
Southwest Chicken Noodle Bowl
- Serves 4
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 15 minutes
- Total 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Whole3-compliant Southwest seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Whole30-compliant chicken broth
- 1 large red and/or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 1 cup fresh Whole30-compliant salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- OMP Turmeric + Cumin Kraut (or sauerkraut of choice)
- Sprinkle the chicken all over with the Southwest seasoning. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink on the outside, about 2 minutes (the chicken will not be cooked through.) Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the remaining olive oil and chicken to the skillet. Cook the chicken until no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Return all of the chicken to the skillet.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the bell peppers, green onions, and potato noodles and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 3 minutes. Gently stir in the salsa and lime juice and serve.
- Top with your favorite OMP kraut - we love the Turmeric + Cumin Kraut with this one.