A favorite at family gatherings and social events, deviled eggs are one of our favorite healthy appetizers to serve. When we need to feed a crowd and make sure everyone is happy, a Deviled Egg Bar with all the fixins is sure to please.
Easy Appetizer Recipe
How to Build a Probiotic Deviled Egg Bar
- Yields 12
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 10 minutes
- Total 30 minutes
- 6 eggs
- ice, for cooling the eggs
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise (or alternative)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp LiveBrine Probiotic pickle juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Chives or finely chopped green onion
- "Clean" bacon - the highest quality meat you can afford
- Your favorite fermented foods:
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with cool water until fully submerged. Put on high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and cover. Allow to sit for about 6 minutes for medium-boiled or 10 minutes for hard-boiled.
Because egg yolks are full of healthy fats and cholesterol, opt for medium-boiled eggs rather than hard-boiled to lower oxidation and preserve their richness.
- Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and allow to cool completely.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the yolk and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add mayo, Dijon mustard, pickle brine, salt and pepper into the yolks and mix with a fork, food processor or immersion blender.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the eggs. You can snip the corner of a sandwich bag to make your own piping bag if you don't have one.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Buy More and Save. Mix & match, build the best box for you. See the discount options