Greek Olive Mix
- An easy, crowd pleasing favorite with a variety of colored and textured olives, mild herb blend to the mix for flavor. Kid approved.
- INGREDIENTS: Mixed olives, herbs, sea salt, filtered water. Contains no pits.
- UNIT SIZE: 8 oz. (227 G) - 10 servings per package
- HOW MUCH SHOULD I EAT? A serving size is about 6 olives. Eat at least 3 servings of fermented foods a day, as snacks or with meals.
- HOW LONG DO THESE PRODUCTS KEEP? Products are shelf-life tested and approved to keep for 1 year in refrigeration.
- BEFORE YOU PURCHASE - The What To Expect section below describes what can happen to ferments in transit. Please read.
Fermented Pickles contain approximately 13 billion colony forming units (CFUs) per serving at time of packaging, including Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus pentosus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides.
Fermented Kraut and Kimchi contain approximately 14 billion CFUs per serving at time of packaging, including Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus brevis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides.
Live Culture Olives contain 4 billion CFUs per serving at time of packaging, including: Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus pentosus.
If you are within a 1 day ship time (in Florida and parts of Georgia), we will ship you on Thursday for a Friday delivery. Our goal is to minimize transit time and keep orders from sitting in a mail sorting facility on Sundays.
When the package arrives at your door the ice packages may be melted and that's okay. The insulation has kept the ferment "cool enough” in transit.
Ferments can safely be transported unrefrigerated; it takes several days for the live cultures to enliven and resume the process of fermentation.
There is no danger of spoilage or harm to the live cultures during shipping because they are preserved in salt water.
Fermentation safely preserved our ancestors' vegetables for thousands of years before refrigeration existed and they are safe to consume even when left unrefrigerated for several days.
Read Before Purchase
First, because of temperature fluctuations, fermentation may resume during transit. This creates gas, which may cause a package to puff. You'll need to burp those packages upon arrival.
Leakage isn't common, but it can happen. Simply rinse off your package, refrigerate and enjoy. Everything is normal, safe and okay. (If your package is damaged in transit, that’s a different story. We'll take care of you.)
Puffiness and potential leakage are "facts of life" when it comes to ordering live ferments to your front door.
If these facts are outside your comfort zone, we ask that you do not purchase fermented products online.
We want our customers to be happy, and that starts with us creating the correct set of expectations, from the get-go. Thank you!